PLACE Laboratory is a multi-award-winning creative landscape architecture and urban design studio that has built a reputation for excellence and innovation in placemaking, human experience and the public realm projects.
This is your opportunity to work on high quality projects and make a difference to improve the environment in which we live.
About your new role
- Work collaboratively with the PLACE Laboratory team, while being supported by Directors, to deliver a variety of high-quality public realm projects
- Have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of project types through all project phases. This will include:
- Leading and participating in the design
- Undertaking documentation including product sourcing, detailing and specification writing
- Carry out site inspections
- Resource planning and invoicing
- Have a central role in building positive relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Have the opportunity to participate in enhancing the business by identifying improvements to processes and ways of working
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate the following:
- Creatively driven approach to problem solving
- Well-developed understanding and technical knowledge regarding built outcomes
- Proficient skills in Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, MS Office and SketchUp
- Strong communications skills – verbal, keyboard and pen in hand
- Good organisation and time management skills to ensure jobs run to schedule
- Commitment to quality assurance
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Professional practice in landscape architecture for at least 4 years
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia
However, we are willing to tailor the role to suit the skills and experience of exceptional candidates that do not quite meet all of the above requirements.
Why PLACE Laboratory
PLACE Laboratory places a strong emphasis on providing a rich studio culture, work and health balance, and professional development opportunities. Valuing and supporting the importance of successful career development, you can expect:
- To be supported by a passionate and highly experienced senior leadership group who will provide mentorship and coaching to help you develop professionally
- A tailored PLACE Plan program for personal and professional development, created in conjunction with PLACE Laboratory Directors and Studio Manager
- Ongoing CPD opportunities with a combination of in-house and external providers and events
- Highly competitive remuneration, employee benefits and potential bonus scheme for bringing unique contributions to the team
- Hybrid working flexibility. Option to work from home or office
- 9-day fortnight to acknowledge and value the hard work and hours spent
- Multi skilled, collaborative interstate team, with a one studio format and opportunities to work in other locations
- Highly active social culture including studio lunches, social outings, and team building activities
About PLACE Laboratory
This role will be based in Canberra on Ngunnawal Country. Our studio has a supportive, friendly and professional environment, where you will work together with a team of design professionals, including our teams in Perth and Melbourne.
We are proud of the diversity of backgrounds at PLACE Laboratory, and we value the variety of ideas and individual perspectives that contribute to the effectiveness of our team.
We are currently working on some of the most memorable and sustainable landscape architecture and urban design projects in the country. Our studio culture ensures that everyone is supported, collaborates and contributes as a team to make sure we’re producing work of the highest calibre, whilst having fun along the way.
If you are looking to advance your career, we would love to hear from you.
All enquires will be treated in strictest confidence, please call us if you would like any further information or email your CV and portfolio (<8Mb) to Anna Chauvel.
Studio 8, 14 Kendall Lane, Canberra ACT 2601
M: 0402 706 162
Applications close – 12 December 2022