Senior Landscape Architect
Location: Perth WA
PLACE = space + purpose + identity.
The land we inhabit and work on is indigenous land. Indigenous communities have resided on the Australian continent for over 65,000 years, while non-indigenous populations have been present for only 230 years. It is our commitment to recognise this reality and explore its implications for our connection to the land, its original inhabitants, and the work we undertake. We acknowledge that there is much progress to be made on this journey.
9 DAY FORTNIGHT! | Creative design studio | Collaborative culture | Award-winning workplace
Are you looking to take the next step in your creative design career? We have the job for you!
PLACE Lab is looking for an enthusiastic individual that wants to make the most of their unique talents.
About the team
Established in 2010, PLACE Lab is an award-winning landscape architecture and experience planning business with studios located on Ngunnawal and Whadjuk country in Canberra and Perth respectively.
Our focus is collaborating with our project partners and listening to our community to deliver places for people that are beautiful, social, and vital. Our team consists of design and technical specialists, working in synergy to draw the best from each other. Through our work, we are building a more inclusive, sustainable future for communities and the planet.
We are seeking an enthusiastic experienced landscape architect (or other professional with relevant experience), who can work as part of a team to craft innovative and meaningful places.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher qualification, in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, or related discipline
- Optimally 5+ years post graduate experience
- Creative and innovative thinker with a passion for the public realm
- Focus on quality in project delivery
- Able to apply design thinking throughout project delivery
- Confidence to contribute in various project settings
- Strong written and graphic communication skills.
- Documentation and graphic skills and experience using CAD or Vectorworks, Adobe suite, Sketchup
About the role
Some of the things you will be doing include:
- Assist the team in the delivery of landscape architecture projects from initial sketch design, detailed design, documentation, through to contract administration
- Prepare graphic presentations of design proposals using a variety of documentation and visualisation software including AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Sketch-Up.
- Assist the team leader in the contract administration phase of small projects undertaking on-site and desk-top tasks as directed.
- Work in a team environment offering design and project advice to the team leaders as required.
- Undertake tasks diligently using sound principles of landscape architecture and /or architectural knowledge.
- Co-operate with all Occupational Health and Safety policies and legislative requirements.
Why PLACE Lab?
We value diversity. Everyone has something unique and important to share. We will help you be the best you can be. Our team has access to a range of benefits to support your development and wellbeing:
- Creative, welcoming, friendly, and supportive team environment
- Nine day-fortnight (Every second Friday off)
- Flexible start and finish times, part time and job share arrangements
- Working from home options
- Inter-studio transfer opportunities
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance and professional development
- Active social culture (Including frequent team outings)
- Unique studio in central city location
- Equal opportunity employer.
We will offer a competitive remuneration package and employment terms tailored to suit the right applicant.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the Australia.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your application including introduction, CV and portfolio, or to arrange a confidential chat if you wish to first find out more.