PLACE Laboratory is a highly creative landscape architecture and urban design studio with offices in both Perth and Canberra. We strive for bigger picture places that deliver economically, socially and environmentally for our communities and planet.
We have recently started some exciting new projects and looking for a passionate and creative Senior Landscape Architect to join our team. This is your opportunity to be acknowledged and rewarded for your great work and to grow and progress your career with an award-winning team working on remarkable projects.
- Creative thinking and a passion for the public realm
- Experience in conceptual thinking, design and graphic presentation
- 4 – 8 years’ experience within the landscape architectural profession
- Tertiary qualification in landscape architecture
- Experience in the detail design and construction documentation
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian Design Standards and Building Codes
- Proficiency in CAD, Adobe CS, MS Office and 3D presentation software
- Passion to work collaboratively in teams to achieve high quality work within client deadlines
- Good verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Self-motivated, organised and able to independently manage workload
With a strong reputation for creative design solutions using a people-focused approach, we pride ourselves on creating pragmatic, place-based landscapes that are rich in experience and engage all the senses that people love. PLACE Laboratory are focused on providing a collaborative and open design studio where everyone is supported, ideas are generated, and individual perspectives are valued.
Located in the Perth CBD on Whadjuk country, you will be collaborating with a diverse team of designers from both our Perth and Canberra studios across a broad range of exciting projects. We take pride in exceeding our client’s expectations, which means we work hard, but our studio culture and collaborative approach ensures you are always supported by a team.
Our commitment to you
We genuinely care about our team and foster a flexible work environment. We believe that people are more than just their work selves, and that success and happiness depends on a good work life balance. Benefits include:
- Welcoming, friendly, and supportive small knit agile team. We work harmoniously together as a collaborative team
- Office and studio achievements are acknowledged and celebrated by the whole team. We value the contribution each team member makes both directly and indirectly to the project
- Collaboration with an experienced multi-skilled design team on remarkable projects, we actively do not undertake projects that do not align with our core values
- Career growth through mentoring and upskilling opportunities
- Flexible working environment (working from home/studio)
- Nine day-fortnight (every second Friday off)
- Newly refurbished modern offices in the heart of the CBD in a heritage listed church with stained glass windows
- Easy access via public transport
- Active social culture, including studio lunches, social outings, and team building activities
- Equal opportunity design practice where we positively welcome diversity
- Supportive of professional development and CPD opportunities
We offer a competitive remuneration package and employment terms tailored to suit the right applicant.
All enquires will be treated in strictest confidence. If you would like to explore the next stage of your career progression, please email your CV and portfolio (<8Mb) to Shlomit Strum at firstname.lastname@example.org